Coco Martin clears walk out issue, confronts dark side in teleserye

Tags:Coco MartinCoco Martin,Coco MartinCoco Martin pictures,Coco MartinCoco Martin photos
MANILA, Philippines - Actor and "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin" leading man Coco Martin disproved he neglected taping duties for the new ABS-CBN primetime soap."There was no incident of such nature," the actor told Bulletin Entertainment and other members of the press Feb. 23 during the press screening of the first few episodes of "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin" at the Podium Mall in Ortigas.The former bold actor claimed harsh weather packed up taping once for the entire cast and crew."There was a time when we were taping in Tanay [Rizal] at Camp Capinpin where bad weather and heavy rains got the better of everyone that we weren't able to set up.


Because of the weather, I got sick and asked if I could be allowed to go home and rest that day."Coco argued he did not have the heart to stage a walk-out, much more in a TV serial that marked his biggest break. "I'm not capable of walking out. I don't think I will ever earn the right to do that," he explained.In "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin," Coco plays dual characters of AFP lieutenant Alexander and rebel Javier. His characters fall for leading ladies played by boyish Andi Eigenmann and feisty Maja Salvador. The sub-plots culled from his parents' histories make for an intricate full season series as previews during the screening that also featured the TV comeback of Lorna Tolentino and Amy Austria showed.On Venus RajNamed as one of the celebrities Venus Raj has a crush on, Coco blushed: "It was pleasant [to know that she admires what I can do]. I'd be more than glad to work with Venus. If given a chance to star in any project with her, I will definitely say yes to it."But for now, Coco opts for single-hood. "I'm currently single by choice but in case I will meet someone, she would have to be simple, because at this point in my life I would want [a prospect] whom I can share a more lasting relationship with. [If it's not asking for too much], someone who could share her time with my beloved grandmother who is now 75 years old. She was the one who looked after my growing up years; that's how much I value her in my life."He added, "At the moment, I am not searching because work and taping schedule hardly permits love life so I'm afraid I won't be able to give her the time she deserves if I enter into a relationship.""Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin" airs pilot week starting March 7. The series also stars newly-wed John Estrada, Boots Anson-Roa, Candy Pangilinan, Ronnie Lazaro, Ronaldo Valdez, Dante Rivero, Lloyd Zaragoza, and Tonton Gutierrez. During the initial week, stars like Kim Chiu, Agot Isidro, Xian Lim, Mika dela Cruz, Nash Aguas, and Erich Gonzales play important roles in the series.

Source: Manila Bulletin